Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Two Soccer Rockers

My two soccer rockers did great at their first game last night!! I am so proud of them. I'd been waiting for this day since before they were even born. If you would've asked me a year and a half ago if I thought Kai would ever be able to play (let alone at 3 years old), I would've said no. If you would've asked me 2 weeks ago if Karys would be able to play I would've said no (which is why I didn't even sign her up officially and she doesn't have a team shirt). But here we are!! That is why you NEVER SAY NEVER with autism. Or anything.

Karys was only good for one quarter, but Kai hung in there the entire game. He hated sitting out every other quarter! Karys was mad because she said she wanted the ball! (I told her to run faster).Most importantly, they had so much fun. Their coach is so patient with them and really is exactly who they needed as a coach. I told him about Karys's diagnosis (because it's rather obvious when she wanders off the field), but not about Kai's. Kai is his little buddy and coach calls him batman because Kai wore his batman shirt to the first practice. I don't know how we keep getting so lucky meeting the right people for us. This has definitely been a year of many positive changes for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment