Thursday, September 3, 2015

LOTS of changes for Team K lately!

There are LOTS of changes going on for Team K lately!

I made the decision last week to pull Karys from dance this year. It wasn't an easy decision, but I've known for quite awhile that it was not her thing. It's not what brings her joy and I don't want her to do anything that doesn't bring her joy. I danced for 10 years, Karys has been dancing since she was 18 months old. But she is at a point in her communication now that I was able to ask her if she likes dance and she said "no, all done". I verified her understanding of my question by asking her if she liked horse riding (equine therapy) to which she promptly responded "yes".

If you saw my post yesterday, you know that we are in the process of switching speech therapists. We are also coming up on Kai's last session with PLAY Project. He has made so much progress over the past year and a half so I am okay with this transition. He has reached FDL 6 with very few holes in the first 5 FDLs. I think he will continue to progress on his own just fine. Karys STARTS PLAY Project in October and I am THRILLED about this. It's something she's needed for a long time and the grant we recently received will pay for an entire 9 months of this therapy for her, which is a load off my shoulders.

Another new thing happening for Team K is that Kai has his first soccer practice EVER next Wednesday and his first game September 15!! I am so excited to see how this plays out since he will be the youngest in the league. I have no doubt he is ready though. Karys may even decide to play next year. She asked for a pink soccer ball the other day and said she wanted to play!

I will continue to keep you updated on all the exciting things happening with Team K this year!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment